Monday, March 1, 2010

Hanging around

Today I hung around town, taking it relatively easy. I upgraded to an air-con room at the hotel, because it's been getting pretty insufferably hot.

I lunched at Krishna Restaurant in Little India, where I had huge helpings of rice, dal and condiments for about US$1.30.



Then I walked around, never straying too far from the hotel, so I could relax in air conditioned comfort between exploration breaks.

I also revisited the Protestant Cemetery, and took a brief video. This starts at the grave of Capt. Francis Light, founder of Penang, and ends at the grave of Thomas Leonowens, husband of Anna. If you listen carefully, you can hear the call of the Asian Koel (Eudynamys scolopaceus) at the beginning of the video.

Just click play:



While at the cemetery I came across this little critter:


For dinner I had a stir fried noodle dish called Hokkien Char. Very good.


The stall where they prepared it:


Gecko on the wall.