Sunday, March 15, 2009

Taking a break

Today I decided to take it easy. I hurt my foot walking up some stairs, so it's a little sore, and I didn't want to go running around frantically trying to cram a lot into the day.

This morning I went to see a few sights around town. I went to Khoo Kongsi, a Chinese temple for members of the Khoo family.


Then I went to a nearby mosque (forget the name...I'll fix it later), which is famous for having an Egyptian style minaret.


Then I walked through Little India, passing by the Sri Mariamman Temple:


Finally I took the bus to Penang's most famous Chinese temple: Kek Lok Si. The bus ride took an hour but it was worth it to see the beautiful pagoda there.



Tomorrow I'm going on a little road trip...taking a bus to nearby Taiping in search of the Taiping War Cemetery and Kamunting Road Christian Cemetery. It'll just be a day trip. I'll be back by evening, and hopefully in time to post something about it.