Sunday, December 9, 2007

Cured! (I think)

Well, I've completed the course of my treatment, and all pain in my stomach is gone. My stomach feels normal; unfortunately one side-effect of the medication is stiff, sore muscles. But that's fading too, as I took my last pill 24 hours ago. Today I had my first real meal. And it had some spice in it. And...no stomach pain, even several hours later!

I felt well enough to go to the kung fu lessons I had been shirking for the last week. I'm taking a class in Wing Chun kung fu taught by Nick, a guy I've known for 15 years. Nick is a former colleague of mine in the translation business; now he's a freelance writer and amateur novelist, and he recently opened up a pita stand on Shida Road, which as I understand it has been doing very well.

Kung fu student and master: