Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Flora Expo

If you live in Taiwan and haven't heard of the Taipei International Flora Expo, something is seriously wrong with you. People outside of Taiwan can be forgiven of their ignorance.

The Expo has been going on since November 6, 2010, and will continue through April 25, 2011. In the months leading up to it I translated a number of articles about it, and I was even part of a team doing some signage translations for the Expo itself. (There are also a lot of poorly done signs. Our team is not responsible for those!) Because of this, I feel a kind of affinity to it... a love/hate relationship with it, if you will. And because of this, I bought myself a season pass for the princely sum of NT$2500 (about US$83) so I can attend anytime I wish. (The fact that it's 4 MRT stops from the office is a plus... I can just go before or after work.)

One thing I noticed is that despite the Expo entering it second month, there's an odd lack of reviews of the Expo, in English at least. So I am taking it upon myself to write my own reviews. I will do so pavilion by pavilion.