Friday, December 19, 2008

Wang Yeh Boat Burning Festival

Every 3 years in the city of Donggang, a lively, noisy festival takes place. Robert, Patty, Kitty and I went there in 2006, and in the crowd we happened to bump into Belgian Pie.

It was a lot of fun, and quite a spectacle to witness, but it was an all-night event, and we spent something like 5 hours sitting on the beach for the boat to finally be lit. Folding chairs would have been a good idea for that wait. After the festival, we went to Kending, and had a great time in that resort town.

I brought my old camcorder along, and it wasn't until a couple days ago that I finally edited together a video of it. Now it's on YouTube! Please take a look! (Choose the High Quality option: it's much better!) Here's the link:

Wang Yeh Boat Burning Festival

Robert asked me if I was keen on going again next year. I said, "Only if we bring folding chairs."